Subject: Re: NetBSD Desktop
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/13/2001 22:10:47
On Saturday 13 October 2001 12:11 pm, Jonathan R. Hinds wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Oct 2001, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> > it depends how you define nice. for me nice is easy/fast to use keyboard
> > based without anything taking up my display space (=100% for apps).
>
> Which is why I use twm. Fast and fairly configurable. Does anyone else use
> twm? Or am I the last of the freaks?

No, you aren't the last.

While I don't use it all the time on my desktop, I still maintain
configuration files for it.  It's not uncommon for me to build up
quick twm configurations when I go to a new place because I know it will be
there and I can't get something simple and working running.  Then I'll use
that setup to build whatever I want to use for the long run.

I suppose there are enough fvwm packages out there for most UNIX that I could
use that too, but twm is always there and I'm basically lazy so I just use
that for starters most of the time.