Subject: scp-based drop box
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Erik Huizing <huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/09/2001 21:43:33
I'm trying to create an scp-based drop box, where a user can scp files to
the account, but can't log in and get a shell. Is what I'm tyring to do
even possible?
I've tried a few avenues, all with no luck:
 - setting the user's shell to /sbin/nologin, or another non-shell
 - using sftp
 - placing a .login and .profile with 'logout' in the users home
   directory, not owned by the user

in the first, scp doesn't work at all
with sftp, I have same problem as the first
the last works, but its still possible for the user to get a shell

I've tried this with the openssh that ships with 1.5.1, and with ssh2 from
ssh.com, and openssh-2.9.9p2

Any suggestions/tips in getting this working would be greatly appreciated.

// Erik Huizing   huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
// www.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~huizing