Subject: F-Prot Linux (i386) binary ?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/28/2001 14:26:32
Hi!

I'm trying to get f-prot linux binary working on 1.5 i386 but I ran into
some problems. First of all, you can get the binary (for free, for now)
from :
 http://www.frisk.is/f-prot/download/getfplinfree.html

A quote from the readme:
"This release contains a single statically linked (built on RedHat
Linux 6.2, kernel 2.2.14) version of F-Prot Antivirus for Linux.
The program should run on all Intel x86 compatible computers
running Linux 2.2.x or higher."

Goody, statically linked so "it should just work".
Unfortunately it dumps core with "Bad system call (core dumped)" and a
the last lines with ktrace are:

12144 f-prot   RET   read 585/0x249
12144 f-prot   CALL  [197]
12144 f-prot   PSIG  SIGSYS SIG_DFL
12144 f-prot   NAMI  "f-prot.core"

I've got the following compat-packages: suse_base-6.4nb2, suse_compat-6.4 and
suse_libc5-6.4.

Any help appreciated! This would make a nice addition to pkgsrc, me thinks.
--
jht