Subject: Re: Locales (was Re: switching to -current: dangerous ?)
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/22/2001 21:36:23
>>>>> "Manuel" == Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> writes:

Manuel> For NetBSD you want export LANG=fr

Thanks for your help but, when i export LANG=fr (i've also tried
LC_ALL), i see absolutely no changes (i've tried typos and misformed
commands but all messages are still in english).

Furthermore, i get the well known Perl message:

/-----------------
| perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
| perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
|         LC_ALL = "fr",
|         LANG = "fr"
|     are supported and installed on your system.
| perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").

which is the one we get when there is a problem with our locale
settings. So, i suspect "export LANG=fr" doesn't do anything (before
you ask, i'm using ksh).
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1304631066 secondes