Subject: Re: Problems with Accton N2242 (I believe that's the model number)
To: Ian Cooper <ian@WPI.EDU>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/14/2001 11:22:44
On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Ian Cooper wrote:

> > driver configured by default, and if so, why is it not working?  Also, the
> > same is true of my 3com 3c3FEM656 Cardbus NIC, it is not detected at all
> > (I'm not sure if it is supported anyway).  I hope someone can help with
>
> I have a 3Com Megahertz 10/100 CardBus NIC (3cfe575?) and it works fine
> with both the boot floppy kernel (the laptop one, I assume) and the
> GENERIC_LAPTOP kernel.

Me too, but I also had access to a 3com FEM656-C, and it never
attached, not even the ethernet part. (See PR kern/12122.)

Actually, the 3cfe575 worked well for me on other laptops, but it
doesn't work that well on my latest, a Compaq Armada 700. It gets
timeouts and acts up. I haven't tried any other cards yet in that
laptop, so I'm not sure where the problem lies.

Frederick