Subject: Newbie: suggestions on use of LFS
To: NetBSD Help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: B. James Phillippe <bryan@terran.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/09/2001 20:46:53
Hello,

I am a newbie who plans to install NetBSD for the first time on an older
(supported) Alpha workstation.  I am UNIX-friendly(tm), but have never
worked with NetBSD.  I was considering using FFS for most of the
partitions, but LFS for perhaps /etc and /var/log (BTW, is the typical
NetBSD directory layout similar to FSSTND?).  In reading the docs for LFS,
I saw some comments about it being mostly complete - which implies to me it
is not fully stable (at least in terms of development).

I appreciate any suggestions or recommendations from you veterans.

cheers,
-bp
--
# bryan at terran dot org