Subject: DHCP problem /w/ hack work-around
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/13/2001 10:01:29
I am using NetBSD-1.5 on the i386 platform at work.  They recently decided
to switch from static IP addressing to dynamic thus requiring me to run DHCP.

Almost everything works great.  The only problem I'm seeing is with the
dhclient-script.  It creates a new /etc/resolv.conf but leaves the search
line empty.

It seems that the new domain name variable is empty.  I haven't had the
time to track this down properly but simply tested if the string length is
0.  If it is, I use the old domain name (which should be the same as the
new domain name).  It works but is definitely not the right way to do it.

Does anyone have experience with the dhclient-script under NetBSD-1.5 on a
i386 platform?  Does anyone have a guess as to why the new domain name
variable ( I'm under WinME now so I can't check but I think the variable is
$new_domain_name) is blank?  Thanks.