Subject: Re: Dammed ads (or shall I say squirrelmail)
To: None <tgruhn2@mail.com>
From: Emre Yildirim <emre@vsrc.uab.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/25/2001 14:09:54
> I found your little discussion about Squirrelmail
> interesting. So I downloaded it last night.
> I have some questions about installing and configuring it:
>
> 1) Here is the listing of /usr/pkg/share/squirrelmail:
> AUTHORS   INSTALL   config    doc       images
> plugins   themes
> COPYING   README    configure functions index.php po
> ChangeLog UPGRADE   data      help      locale    src
>
> Did pkgtools install this thing correctly? Looks like
> the program was compiled and everything copied into
> this dir...
>
> 2) How do I configure it? For one conf.pl doesn't
>   show my current option, or the option I entered
>   on the screen (I think a video option needs to
>   be set first...)
>
> 3) Where is the binary? Or is it just php and html...

There is no binary, it's all php scripts.  All you have to do in the config directory
isto 'perl conf.pl' and save your configuration once you're done.  After that make sure
you add something like

Alias /mail "/usr/local/share/squirrelmail/"

to your httpd.conf file.  After that when you go to www.mydomain.com/mail
it should show up.  That's what I like about squirrelmail - it's very easy to setup.