Subject: Mutt colors and ncurses
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Sindhu <kevin@ipv6.x-y.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/22/2001 11:40:42
Hi,

Every time I compile either mutt-stable or mutt-devel from packages, I lose the color functionatility. Poking around I found that this is most likely caused by our libncurses. Has anyone else seen this as well? A google search came up with a few hits and one pr, but nothing really that substantial.

As for a fix, I changed the Makefile for mutt-devel package on line 24 to use libslang(--with-slang) instead and tried compiling, and viola! Its works;-)

Should I send this a send-pr pkg bug? mutt -v shows:

[kevin@lucifer mail/mutt-devel] 121 $mutt -v
Mutt 1.3.18i (2001-05-01)
Copyright (C) 1996-2001 Michael R. Elkins and others.
Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

System: NetBSD 1.5W [using slang 10404]
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
+DEBUG
-HOMESPOOL  -USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  -DL_STANDALONE
+USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
+USE_POP  +USE_IMAP  -USE_GSS  +USE_SSL  -USE_SASL
+HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX
+HAVE_COLOR  -HAVE_START_COLOR  -HAVE_TYPEAHEAD  -HAVE_BKGDSET
-HAVE_CURS_SET  -HAVE_META  -HAVE_RESIZETERM
+HAVE_PGP  -BUFFY_SIZE -EXACT_ADDRESS  -SUN_ATTACHMENT
+ENABLE_NLS  -LOCALES_HACK  +HAVE_WC_FUNCS  +HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET  +HAVE_LANGIN
FO_YESEXPR
+HAVE_ICONV  -ICONV_NONTRANS  +HAVE_GETSID  +HAVE_GETADDRINFO
ISPELL="/usr/pkg/bin/ispell"
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/var/mail"
SHAREDIR="/usr/pkg/share/mutt"
SYSCONFDIR="/usr/pkg/etc"
EXECSHELL="/bin/ksh"
-MIXMASTER
To contact the developers, please mail to <mutt-dev@mutt.org>.
To report a bug, please use the flea(1) utility.

-Kevin

Kevin Sindhu						Open-Systems Dot Org
   kevin@{lucifer.at,x-y.ca,open-systems.org,trespassing.org,sabotaged.org}