Subject: Re: Best Power UPS' (was: UPS to use with NetBSD?)
To: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/12/2001 00:22:54
[ On Wednesday, July 11, 2001 at 17:32:58 (-0500), Eric Schnoebelen wrote: ]
> Subject: Best Power UPS' (was: UPS to use with NetBSD?)
>
> 	Of course, I've got another twist to insert.. I'm going
> to have all three of them connecting to a terminal server acting
> as remote serial ports..

That's what I've been trying to do too.  The Best ME series have a nice
command-line interface that I use now, but I've not yet figured out what
to do with the APC SmartUPS models I've got....

It looks like it wouldn't be that hard to add hooks to ups-nut to have
it use a simple telnet library instead of opening a serial port, but
I've not gone any further than just reading a bit of code so far....

--
							Greg A. Woods