Subject: Re: UPS to use with NetBSD?
To: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/06/2001 14:34:34
Hi,

On 5 Jul 2001, at 23:30, Martin Husemann wrote:
>  apc has a battery replacement program, but you have to make
> sure
> the model is still supported there.

It seems that this depends upon the location you are. Here in
Austria APCs low end UPS are priced to compete with other
verndors products (after some companies seemed to successfully
win market shares that hurt APC), but batteries are expensive and
replacement programms only available for higher price models.

For workstations I made good experiences with bestpower, but
APC are good too, when used with "noname" batteries. For servers
and or large installations, APC is very well known for its ability to
have an excellent service like product and parts replacement.

I really like the IMV products, starting at about 2000 VA online UPS
they offer SNMP boards and the price/performance ratio is pretty
well, but again, that can depend whether or not a representant is
near your location.

mike