Subject: Re: Modem device??
To: None <francus@metsny.yossi.com>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@burghcom.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/28/2001 20:19:34
Include the DMESG?  A DS5000 is an i386 machine?  /dev/tty00 & /dev/tty01
should work.  Do you have on-board serial ports?  Is the PCI modem a
WinModem chipset?

Add this line to /etc/remote:

com:dv=/dev/tty00:br#9600:dc

(play with the DV value)

Then:
# tip com

If it says connected, try to issue AT commands....

--lava

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 francus@metsny.yossi.com wrote:

> This question is almost embarrassing.
>
> I run NetBSD on a DS5000 and use an external modem which is on /dev/tty??.
> I just installed NetBSD on a PC with an internal modem (PCI) and cannot
> figure out based on dmesg what the device is that I want to give pppd as
> a parameter to dial out on. What should I look for - major device number?
> something from dmesg?
>
> yf

--Brian

 ----

"GNU/Linux: About as stable as the elements at the bottom of the periodic
table"