Subject: Re: shutdown over ssh
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Ammermueller <martin81@bnro.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/14/2001 20:05:01
On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 04:01:45AM +0200, Matthias Buelow wrote:
> Kevin P. Neal writes:
>
> >Nobody can execute any command after the OS syncs the disks.
>
> And I doubt Mr. Ammermueller saw a ksh prompt after the system has
> sync'ed the disks (since all user processes are already dead and gone
> by then.)

Yes, you're right. Sorry, I must have reversed that. But what's with the
main problem I stated in my subject? When I'm logged in at a
remote machine via ssh an execute a shutdown the machine kills
all daemons, runs the shutdown hooks, syncs the disks as expected
and then stands there forever until I hit the power or reset switch.
Any ideas, hints?

snafu
Martin
--