Subject: Re: ctrl+alt+del
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/13/2001 12:21:38
In message <20010611220035.A0E95C0@proven.weird.com>
	on Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:00:35 -0400 (EDT),
	woods@weird.com (Greg A. Woods) wrote:
> > The whole idea of the ctrl+alt+del issue is that it is an _emergency_
> > mechanism, usually used when the machine is fucked up due to a bad
> > kernel or hardware, or completely overloaded.

> and i386) and then type "sync<CR>" and hope it works.
Two points:

1. DDB is too functional.  I wish doing only halt the system and any
   other DDB commands are unnecessary or superfluous.

2. Doing "ctrl+alt+del" person don't know DDB commands, and also don't
   understand extra help messages of DDB.

There is a case, the person couldn't be expected to type any command.
So, there is a situation that simple key sequence without any extra
key typing.

--
Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>