Subject: Call to inittodr missing from cd9660_mountroot (was Re: making bootable rescue CD?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Quinn <rquinn+11121@sec.sprint.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/11/2001 15:40:31
]{blah blah... booting with a readonly root from cd}
]]>         config         netbsd  root on cd0a type cd9660
] >  The worst problem I've found so far is that the date resets to 1 Jan 1970.

  I finally had a few free minutes to track this down, and I found that
cd9660_vfsops.c:cd9660_mountroot() doesn't call the inittodr() function, unlike
ffs_mountroot. I was going to mimic the code in ffs that passed the timestamp
of / to inittodr(), but instead I settled for just passing in a zero.  I don't
like the idea of removable media modifying my clock. And I agree with the
comment in pr#1413 that a parameter of zero should disable the "WARNING:
preposterous time in file system" message.