Subject: Re: Time
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Georges Heinesch <geohei-ml@geohei.lu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/11/2001 07:03:45
Quoting Bernd Sieker (08-Jun-01 13:10:37):

> On 08.06.01, 13:50:00, Julio Merino wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> my BIOS clock is set to my local time (because I need to use
>> windoze some times). How do I setup NetBSD to get the time
>> properly? It's getting now that time like UTC and then, it adds my
>> location offset...

> There's a kernel option to specify an offset between the computer's
> real time clock and the actual time in UTC:

> e. g. for CET:

> options         RTC_OFFSET=-60   # hardware clock is this many mins.
> west of GMT

AFAIU from options(4), I need to compile 2 kernels, one for CET and
one for CET daylight saving (CEST), since NetBSD can't compensate for
this (all the above is assuming that the clock is set to local time
[Windoze]).

Can you confirm this?

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg