Subject: Re: Time
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/08/2001 14:10:37
On 08.06.01, 13:50:00, Julio Merino wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> my BIOS clock is set to my local time (because I need to use windoze
> some times). How do I setup NetBSD to get the time properly?
> It's getting now that time like UTC and then, it adds my location
> offset...

There's a kernel option to specify an offset between the computer's
real time clock and the actual time in UTC:

e. g. for CET:

options         RTC_OFFSET=-60   # hardware clock is this many mins. west of GMT

It can also be adjusted at run-time with sysctl to change it for
daylight saving time (e. g., for CEST):

# sysctl -w kern.rtc_offset=-120

> Thanks!

You're welcome.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: What do you want to serve today?
		-- Hubert Feyrer