Subject: Re: NetBSD is not Linux
To: Anthony Hilton <ajh@tinshill.f9.co.uk>
From: Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/31/2001 23:23:28
On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 10:11:14PM +0100, Anthony Hilton wrote:

> I am asking on NetBSD mailing lists because that is the Unix-like OS I have.
>
> What are the main differences between NetBSD and Linux?
>
> What areas does each have strengths compared to the other? (I am aware of
> many distributions of Linux - does that mean that different flavours of Linux
> compare differently with NetBSD?)

I'm relatively new to NetBSD, but have been using FreeBSD and linux for
some time. There are lots of differences between *bsds and gnu/linux.
One of them is the kernel, another one would be the way of distribution,
and a lot more of things...

Linux distributions are, generally, easier to use than a *bsd, but IMHO
bsds are a lot better than linux.

Just try them and judge yourself.

HTH