Subject: Re: Some questions
To: Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/31/2001 11:48:17
On Thu, 31 May 2001, Julio Merino wrote:

> First of all I want to say that I'm new to NetBSD and to this list, so
> hello everybody.

Welcome to NetBSD!

> - Is it there any adduser script like the one in other systems? (i.e.
> FreeBSD)

If you are using a recent NetBSD, then look at the "useradd" command. If
not, look in the packages collection for sysutils/user and
sysutils/addnerd.

> - Does ls support color in any way? (I can't live without it! lol)

A colorls package is available. If you have pkgsrc installed, it is under
/usr/pkg/pkgsrc/misc/colorls. And precompiled packages are available. See
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/misc/colorls/README.html.

> - And at last... where can I get a list of mirrors where I can get
>   the sources trought sup? I'm using a sample script from
>   /usr/share/examples/supfiles but it's too slow, and some of them don't
>   work.

The SUP mirror list is at http://www.netbsd.org/Sites/net.html#sup

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/