Subject: Re: Strange or unclear open source licenses in NetBSD tree
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/30/2001 19:08:50
> I started looking at a variety of licenses (around 100 looked at so
> far) on my NetBSD system.
>
> Here are some license that may be incompatible with the goal of using
> in whatever manner:

When scanning over the licenses, I missed another. Someone pointed it out
to me off-list:

/usr/src/usr.sbin/pim6dd/LICENSE.mrouted
/usr/src/usr.sbin/mrouted/LICENSE
 4. LICENSEE may create derivative versions of the Program.  LICENSEE
 hereby grants STANFORD a royalty-free license to use, copy, modify,
 distribute and sublicense any such derivative works.  At the time
 LICENSEE provides a copy of a derivative version of the Program to a
 third party, LICENSEE shall provide STANFORD with one copy of the source
 code of the derivative version at no charge to STANFORD.

Any comments?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/