Subject: Re: usepeerdns
To: Georges Heinesch <geohei-ml@geohei.lu>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/29/2001 19:16:40
>However the scripts (/etc/ppp/ip-up and ip-down) are still not
>executed. I inserted a copy command and several other commands (not
>linked to stdin or stdout). Nothing was executed.
>
>----- /etc/ppp/ip-up
>#~/bin/sh
>/usr/X11R6/bin/xlupe
>cp ~/grap.jpg ~/test.jpg
>-----
>
>This was simply for testing purpose. Neither xlupoe was started, nor
>was the file ~/grap.jpg copied. Filebits are 755, the useris root.
>
>Why do the scripts not run when pppd is started/stopped?

try changing the #~ to #! and then try changing the ~/ bits to
specific paths.  ~/ is evaluated to the value of the HOME environment
variable which is probably not set to anything when the script is run
by pppd.

you can also try using logger to spew stuff to syslog.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|