Subject: SCSI disk and controllers
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/19/2001 21:46:17
What are people using for SCSI disks and controllers these days?

I run NetBSD on i386, sparc, and sun3, and it looks like SCSI disks
of a reasonable size, and i386 supported SCSI controllers are getting
hard to find.

For sparc, 50 pin and SCA are the supported drives, but try to find 4
or 9 gig drives anymore.

For i386, the only Ultra SCSI drive left out there seems to be the
Seagate 18 gig. The only LVD controller supported by NetBSD seems to
be Qlogic, but an hour spent searching google doesn't seem to turn
up anyone that actually sells Qlogic controllers.

I'm tempted to buy half a dozen Seagate 18 gig Ultra SCSI drives before
it is too late...
--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com