Subject: VPN From Win98 to NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@liveround.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/18/2001 11:22:13
I'm trying to connect some Win98/95 machines to NetBSD/i386 via VPN
using PoPToP (from the pkgsrc collection). Unfortunately, it isn't
working. I can ping over the public internet from one machine to the
other. However, when I fire up the VPN connection, I get nothing. It
cannot establish, never leaves the "Checking Password...".
Unfortunately, I don't have a log handy at the moment. The PoPToP docs
say something about a patched PPPd, but it seems like that's only
nescessary for encryption, which I don't need (yet).

Is anyone successfully connecting Win98 VPN clients to NetBSD/i386?

--
 - J. Buck Caldwell