Subject: CFS now runs on NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/09/2001 17:22:41
I ported Matt Blaze's CFS (Cryptographic File System) to NetBSD.  Matt
has bought back the changes; you can pick up the full distribution at
your choice of

	http://www.crypto.com/software/cfs-1.4.1.tar
	http://www.crypto.com/software/cfs-1.4.1.tar.gz
	http://www.crypto.com/software/cfs-1.4.1.tgz

Until we get around to building a package, see the regular installation
instructions and the README.netbsd file.

CFS 1.4.1 should be considered "manufacturer discontinued" -- there is
not likely to be any further development of the current code base.
Matt has plans for a complete rewrite, using modern RPC conventions,
support for ciphers with block sizes other than 8 bytes, etc., but the
timing of any such effort is quite uncertain.