Subject: Re: Strange NFS/RPC problem w/ NetBSD/Linux
To: Chris Pinnock <cjep@fawlty.net>
From: Samuel Lellouche <sam@omatis.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/09/2001 21:42:39
The server is A NetBSD 1.5 with a recent ( 1 month) 1.5.1 Alpha kernel
w/ the recents bug/security fixes (ftpd, libc...).

The Linux client that "damages" the server's rpc capability, is a
Linux Slackware 7.0 w/ 2.2.13 Kernel (nfs loaded as module)...

I'm not surprised to see buggy Linux code, but i'm surprised to notice
that it
hangs a NetBSD rpc capabilities... (there might be a DOS attack risk).

--
Samuel Lellouche - Omatis
Expert Systèmes, réseaux et securité