Subject: Re: Support for internal modem?
To: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/05/2001 07:17:52
Winmodems:

Not as far as I've ever heard.

Real internal modems:

Some support is claimed.  It might help if you said which modems you were
interested in, and which release of NetSD (though I doubt that the release
will matter that much for PCI or ISA modems).

(Personally, I use an external modem.  It's easier to move between
machines, and will work with anything that has a functioningserial port.
(^&)

For future reference, you could have partially answered your question (and
so slightly sharpened your question perhaps) if you'd looked at the
Supported Hardware page.  (I'm not sure whehter that page includes
-current support, but it should give you at least a starting place.)

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu