Subject: cs4280 problems
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/04/2001 22:04:08
The cs4280 chip on my Thinkpad T21 isn't working properly.  Songs play
slowly, and sound that way.  When I ran mpg123, it took >400 seconds to
play a song rated at 3:16.  Output also sounds full of static, and the
quality and speed seem to be affected by whether I'm running on battery
or AC power -- battery is *faster*.

The machine is a 850 Mhz P-III, so it has ample CPU power.  I'm was running
1.5.1 BETA1, but the same problems occur with the latest 4280 driver
that Havard pulled up.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was some
audioctl parameter I needed to set, but I have no idea which or what
value would be appropriate.