Subject: Re: Suggestion
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/04/2001 07:24:38
Hi,

as long as everyone understood my point (that NetBSD
documentation will be much harder to be done as the different
hardwareplatforms often require different solutions to a given
problem) it is OK.

On 29 Apr 2001, at 16:50, wojtek@3miasto.net wrote:
> > I think this will run into one main problem: the number of different
> > machines NetBSD runs on. While e.g. I expect from a Atari, x86,
>
> don't expect from my pentium to have floppy :)
> it would waste one 3.5" bay!

How do you install an OS in case it is needed? Temporarily add
one? Netboot? And as we are at the topic, I have somewhere
around an article describing how to make a bootrom for diskless
workstations - anyone played with this?

mike