Subject: Open Inventor for NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ben <Benjamin.Wong@cc.gatech.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/30/2001 13:49:59
Hello,

Open Inventor is SGI's powerful, high-level C/C++ 3D graphics toolkit
built on top of OpenGL. It could be compared to Microsoft's DirectX
Retained Mode (if you're in to that kind of thing).

I was looking to see if anyone had ported Open Inventor to NetBSD yet.
I couldn't find any mention of it on the lists so I did it myself.
You can download my changes here:

    http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~bbb/2001/Inventor/

This port is rather preliminary since it still coredumps when trying
to render 3D text or use a material editor. However, all other
programs seem to work great.

	Ben

P.S. This coming week I'll be in Seattle where I don't have good net
     access so I may not be able to answer my e-mail immediately.

--
Benjamin.Wong@cc.gatech.edu		College of Computing
Georgia Tech Ph.D. Student		Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0280