Subject: fsck & other things
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <emre@module.vsrc.uab.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/29/2001 20:02:33
Hello folks

I still can't figure out why my disks are timing out, but it seems like
after a unclean shut down (ie power outage or crash), when the system is
rebooted and fsck tries to check the file system, it times out and doesnt
recover.  When I reboot the computer, the whole filesystem is corrupt
and I have to reinstall.

That's really not good, and annoying.  So I figured, since I couldn't really
find a reason for this, I'll just disable fsck on bootup, since that is what
seems to cause the problem.  The filesystem might not get repaired, but at
least I can keep some of it.  So, to my question, does anyone know how to
disable fsck on bootup?

Thanks