Subject: Re: Slow quota checks at boot?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/13/2001 14:38:34
On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 11:48:49AM +0200, Jukka Marin wrote:
> Are the quota checks (file system scans) really necessary at boot time?
> On this particular system, the checks take about 20 minutes.....

Well, are you running a system where you need disk quotas? Few
situations really do.

Updating them at boot (before the system becomes active) is the easy way
to get good numbers - it could be recoded otherwise, but has never been
a feature in demand, as far as I can recall.

(About an Amiga rendering landscapes) It's not thinking, it's being artistic!
					      - Jamie Woods