Subject: network interfaces
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Unix Wizard <mertis@ameritech.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/11/2001 01:27:26
Hello Everyone,
I have run into a problem.
I am trying to configure Gateway machine running NetBSD 1.5 (just migrated
from 1.4.3)
I have made clean install from FTP using ne3 network interface.
I have recompiled kernel. System detected both network interfaces ne2 & ne3.
They look identical in dmesg (well, except for MAC address).
Then I cd to /etc directory and copy ifconfig.ne2 to ifconfig.ne3 and I have
changed only ip address in ifconfig.ne3 if I am using ne2 interface I can
ping any machine on a network, but if I want to use ne3 interface it gives
me error message ping: sendto: Host is down. (but lights on ne3 interface
are blinking)
But it works fine with ne2. I have no other error messages. I am lost. Do I
have to modify other files?
except for ifconfig.ne3 ?
ne3 NIC worked fine yesterday on 1.4.3 before I install 1.5
Any advise? Please? Anyone?
P.S. I HAVE CHECKED THE CABLES (everything is fine)