Subject: Re: Securing NetBSD
To: Unix Wizard <mertis@ameritech.net>
From: Emre Yildirim <emre@srengineering.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/27/2001 23:30:51
On Wednesday 28 February 2001 00:56 US Central Time, Unix Wizard
wrote:

> > Hello Everyone,
> I am going to use NetBSD 1.5. on my computer as Bastion/Firewall.
> I need  to secure NetBSD as much as possible.
> Does anyone have really good links on how-to secure NetBSD, or
> general security URL's related to NetBSD somehow? Or Does anyone
> have any tips and advises?
> Everything would be really appreciated.
> Thanks.

[html email sucks by the way]

There isn't really much to it, since NetBSD is fairly secure by
default.  Make sure you apply the latest security patches (especially
if you aren't using -current), and disable all services but ssh,
since this is going to be a firewall.  And of course don't give out
user accounts on your firewall.  After that you should be set.

--
Every little picofarad has a nanohenry all its own.
		-- Don Vonada