Subject: Emacs, psgml, fonts 'n stuff
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Bernstein <poobah@ruptured-duck.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/24/2001 19:57:17
I am trying to reproduce an emacs/psgml setup I have used on another, to be
named later, operating system to produce DocBook stuff. This is current i386
with emacs 20.7 from ports, and psgml 1.2.2 installed from its source
tarball.

I am mostly there, with these exceptions:

1) Are not saved parsed DTDs (those *.ced files) supposed to be autoloaded
when their respective .sgml files are loaded into the editor? It seems now
that they are not being loaded until, say, I ask psgml for some markup.

2) I cannot get colorized font-lock-mode in sgml files. I have my usual

(global-font-lock t)

in ~/.emacs, and it behaves nicely in other files, say .emacs itself. I've
even tried adding

(setq font-lock-maximum-decoration t)

to no avail. Setting

(setq set-sgml-face t)

works but only provides bold for tags (boring).

Caveat: For all I know at this stage of the game these are emacs/psgml
specific problems and so this question is really OT; otoh I have experienced
these behaviours only when using those two programs in NetBSD, so maybe not
so OT?

--
Bob Bernstein
at