Subject: Re: pciide, CD+disk on same channel
To: None <wojtek@wojtek.from.pl>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/20/2001 18:13:30
On Tuesday 20 February 2001  3:36 pm, wojtek@wojtek.from.pl wrote:
> i have such situation (first channel i've "successfully" destroyed)
>
> everything works OK! but IDE led works strange when netbsd boots. it goes
> on all the time until i put any CD in drive then it starts working OK.
> i could then remove this CD and all is OK.

I've got the same.  I've a second channel with a CD burner and ls120 floppy
drive on it.  The light stays on until I mount up a CD.  (and to add to the
fun if I'm doing something over NFS from my arm32 box, the NFS goes
pearshaped 8)  I'd not PR'd it cos I'm in the midst of moving, and only
recently spotted a connection between mounting the cd and nfs going wrong.
I've not tried with the latest kernel though, which might fix the NFS issue...

> why?

Wish I knew.  AFAIR if I take the ls120 off the channel it works as expected.

Cheers.
Chris