Subject: Re: mail to ncrnko@jps.net
To: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/16/2001 00:04:09
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Charles M. Hannum wrote:

: > I believe that this "easy to get out of" thing doesn't apply to
: > the orbs lists that are manually maintained (ie: one of the orbs
: > humans added you because they don't like you).
:
: Indeed.  netbsd.org got adding at one point, because someone sent spam
: through one of our mailing lists, which is specifically not something
: they're supposed to add one for.
:
: This is why I refuse to use ORBS.

Orbs has recently (as of 1-Feb-2001) exploded their domain into several
subdomains with different purposes.  For instance, inputs.orbs.org consists
of only single-hop relays tested via the automated testing system for
random relay vulnerability.

I think they've heard the complaints and are finally lightening their tone a
bit.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/