Subject: Re: mail to ncrnko@jps.net
To: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/15/2001 17:13:05
    Date:        14 Feb 2001 05:36:49 -0800
    From:        Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>

  | ORBS is trivial to get out of.  Just configure your mailer to not
  | relay for *anyone* and go to www.orbs.org and request another test.

But that only works if their test works - when I detect people
(attempting to) relay through my site without authorisation, I
filter their IP addresses - no more communications at all.

I detected the ORBS people attempting to do that, and filtered their
IP addresses...

I believe that this "easy to get out of" thing doesn't apply to
the orbs lists that are manually maintained (ie: one of the orbs
humans added you because they don't like you).

The best thing to do is to get yourself added to orbs (that's easy
if you explicitly allow orbs.org to relay through your site..) and
then just refuse to communicate with anyone silly enough to use orbs
to filter mail.

kre