Subject: Re: mail to ncrnko@jps.net
To: None <wojtek@wojtek.from.pl>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/14/2001 08:44:17
wojtek@wojtek.from.pl writes:
> another strange thing is that 212.45.238.198 is not my IP and i'm sending
> mail directly without relays

I don't think the problem was on your machine then.  Perhaps the
recipient of the mail had his mail forwarded via some machine that was
an open relay and the final hop refused to accept mail from that
open-relay.

> there is much simpler solution - if someone don't want my e-mail, no
> problem :) just forgot..

Well, if your host really were listed on ORBS, I wouldn't be that
cavalier about it.  It would mean that either you have a relay problem
(which needs fixing ASAP) or your ISP is blocking ORBS.  (The latter
is an expediency that some ISP's choose because it is easier for them
then to get their more clueless customers to stop relaying.)

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht    <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
Coming soon: GPS mapping tools for Open Systems. http://www.gnomad-mapping.com/