Subject: latest imap-uw does not install
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mirko Thiesen <thiesi@NetWork23.BSDOnLine.ORG>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/10/2001 22:34:20
Hi there,

I tried to "make update" to the most recent version of imap-uw (2000c) in
the packages, but I always get an error message. After actually compiling
imap-uw, it starts installing, then it says the following:

cd /usr/pkg/lib; for file in libc-client.a libc-client.la libc-client.so
            libc-client.so.4.1      libc-client.so.4; do            f=echo $
	    {file} | /usr/bin/sed "s|libc-client|libimapuw|g";    [ -f
${file} ] && /bin
/ln -sf ${file} ${f};             done
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I was running 2000a before without any problems, and I can't remember that I
encountered any similar problems installing 2000a. I don't really know what
to do now, so my question is: Has anybody a hint for me? Any pointers? What
might be wrong with my system?

Thanks, bye, K&K,
T-Zee