Subject: Re: Trouble configuring wsmouse
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: TODD WITTER <witter@wpr.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/10/2001 11:24:07
Thanks!  I got two quick answers and they were both the same.
Thank you so much!
By the way, in winders the mouse was at COM1, in linux it was
/dev/ttyS0 so can I assume it would be /dev/tty00 for NetBSD?
Thanks again for the very quick reply.
Todd

On 10 Feb 01, at 9:18, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, TODD WITTER wrote:
>
> > Hi, I just finished witha fresh install of NetBSD 1.5 and don't have a
> > working serial mouse.
> > It's a basic 2-button serial mouse and, when I configure X,  the
> > PROTOCOL is set to "wsmouse" and the device "/dev/wsmouse".
>
> As far as I know wsmouse is not for serial. (The wsmouse(4) man page
> indicates PS/2, USB, bus, InPort and ADB.)
>
> I do use a serial mouse. My Pointer Device is /dev/tty00. Then use the
> appropriate Protocol.
>
>    Jeremy C. Reed
>
>  Using a Kensiko 3-button serial mouse under X11
>  http://www.reedmedia.net/misc/mouse/kensiko.html

What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists?
In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet.
-- Woody Allen, "Without Feathers"

Todd Witter
witter@wpr.org
tfwitter@facstaff.wisc.edu