Subject: Re: What 802.11 wireless gear do you recommend?
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/04/2001 23:40:13
Chris G. Demetriou writes:

> I've not bought the hardware for myself yet, but I'm planning to buy
> Lucent Gold cards.  I've not decided on a gateway yet, but it'll be
> one of Lucent ones or the AirPort.

One other thing you might look at:
http://www.scd.ucar.edu/nets/projects/wireless/performance.tests.html

Basically the above link shows that the Cisco Aeronet card does not
have any performance penalty for crypto.  Might be interesting.
Since your earlier message, I've started using a Cisco card at home
along with my Lucent.  I don't have any definite opinions yet. :-)

I'm seriously thinking about the D-link "broadband wireless gateway"
with 3 10/100 switch ports.  Basically a ethernet/ethernet router
with ethernet/wireless bridging.  About $352 from buy.com.

-Andrew