Subject: Re: Booting NetBSD
To: <>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakhesh@cse.iitd.ernet.in>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/31/2001 14:19:39
> > when you install grub IMHO it places it's code on first disk block
> > overwriting netbsd booter. to work you will need to do backup of netbsd
> > bootblock to some file and set this file as secondary boot loader for
> > GRUB. it worked in case of lilo and windoze NT, maybe will work here
>
> Fine.  But how do I do that ?  As in, make the backup and set that file as
> the secondary boot loader ?  BTW, suppose I were to not install GRUB, but
> just use it from my floppy directly, it should boot NetBSD then.  (I shall
> check this up when I go back to my machine, and mail u any results if u
> want.)

Well, I didn't go back and try from the floppy directly.  It sruck me that
if it was a matter of GRUB over-writing NetBSD's boot-blocks, then when I
use "installboot" it should over-write back on GRUBs space.  But since
that has never happend, I don't know what to do.  Any suggestions ?

Regards.

__
Rakhesh Sasidharan	rakhesh@cse.iitd.ac.in