Subject: Re: Booting NetBSD
To: None <wojtek@wojtek.from.pl>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakhesh@cse.iitd.ernet.in>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/31/2001 03:07:46
> how does installbook work?
>
> it puts something in first disk block which loads rest of bootloader
> from blocklist wrote by installboot which points to "boot" file data.
>
> when you install grub IMHO it places it's code on first disk block
> overwriting netbsd booter. to work you will need to do backup of netbsd
> bootblock to some file and set this file as secondary boot loader for
> GRUB. it worked in case of lilo and windoze NT, maybe will work here

Fine.  But how do I do that ?  As in, make the backup and set that file as
the secondary boot loader ?  BTW, suppose I were to not install GRUB, but
just use it from my floppy directly, it should boot NetBSD then.  (I shall
check this up when I go back to my machine, and mail u any results if u
want.)

Regards.

__
Rakhesh Sasidharan	rakhesh@cse.iitd.ac.in