Subject: Re: LMC wan adapters
To: Michael Roark <roark@bitbox.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/30/2001 10:05:25
On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 12:54:02PM -0500, Michael Roark wrote:

 > I recently purchased an LMC1200 wan adapter to replace an aging router at
 > our gateway. The documentation states that the adapter is supported under
 > 1.4. However, the diff they ship with the card is for 1.3.x. To further
 > complicate things, the 1.5 kernel source already has the card support in it.
 > I have recompiled to support the card, but it is recognized as follows
 > (dmesg output):
 >
 > Digital Equipment DECchip 21140 ("FasterNet") 10/100 Ethernet (ethernet
 > network,
 >  revision 0x22) at pci1 dev 10 function 0 not configured
 >
 > I recompiled, removing support for the DEC card, but it is still recognized
 > the same on boot.
 >
 > Any one have experience with this card? Suggestions would be great.

The "lmc" driver should be the one you want, but it may be that the
driver doesn't support the newer cards... Hm, tho it does claim to
support "LMC1200 T1/E1 WAN adapter" in the manual page.

Look in dev/pci/if_lmc_nbsd.c -- in lmc_pci_probe(), at the top before
it does anything, add the following line:

	pci_conf_print(pa->pa_pc, pa->pa_tag, NULL);

...and you might want to make the message buffer larger in your kernel.
Anyway, then e-mail the output.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>