Subject: Re: Tracking -current
To: Reed Shadgett <aiko@antigone.net>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakhesh@cse.iitd.ernet.in>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/26/2001 20:20:12
> One is netbsd-1-5, which branched off of -current in June.  The other is
> the development trunk (-current).  Newer is a term that doesn't really
> work well in this case (they're both active trees), and while better is
> very subjective, a recent -current snapshot will help you more for what
> you want to do.

Thanks a lot for your very patient and detailed reply.

On 2nd Jan, 2001, there was this announcement that NetBSD's i386 port now
has 16 partitions support.  Just to verify things, if I were to download
the 3 months old snapshot, and the -current sources of Jan 24th, I should
be able to compile (and do whatever magic) such that the installed NetBSD
would have 16 partitions support.  I hope that is correct.

BTW, in case you are an i386 user, and have done the above, does it mean
that I would have to compile my user-land again or something ?  Or do they
automatically start working with 16 partitions.  (My mind tells me they
should work, but my heart asks for a re-assuarance of sorts. :)

Regards,
Rakhesh