Subject: Re: NetBSD-current?
To: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakhesh@cse.iitd.ernet.in>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/25/2001 13:10:19
> > I also found ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/snapshot/20001014/
> > but that's old (older than 1.5).  Can anyone tell me where I can find the
> > -current install packages?
>
> P.S. - Forgot to mention that there are tarballs available at:
>
> ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/src/
>
> I believe these are updated quite often.

I wanted to try out -current, but am a bit confused abt where to start. I
tried going thru the document available abt trackng -current, but I get
the impression that they all need one to have CVS access.  My machine
doesn't have Net access -- I just get my hard-disk to my lab once in a
while, and download things.  Is it possible that I can start using
-current then ?  Can I just get some files, compile then, and start
working ?

[PS: I need to start using -current, because I so desperately want to
start using NetBSD, and it seems one of the currents have 16 partitions
support, which I so badly need.  If it is possible for me to do as said
above, would somebody tell me which of the snapshots have the 16
partitions thing in it ?]

Oh, one more thing: does tracking -current need a lot of programming
experience etc, or just some guts to take risks ... :)

Regards,
Rakhesh