Subject: Re: GNU/LINUX emulation on NetBSD/i386 (was: Linux Emulation /
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/20/2001 02:51:31
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 05:41:46PM -0600, Richard Rauch wrote:
>
>  > I wasn't even aware that we _had_ Solaris emulation.  I can't find any
>  > mention of it in the kernel config files.  Or did you mean that you'd get
>  > a Solaris version and run it under Solaris? Or is Solaris essentially
>  > equivalent to something else, insofar as our emulation goes?
>
> COMPAT_SVR4

Thanks.  (^&

Is this something that is obvious to everyone who might need it?  Neither
the (necessarily brief) comment in GENERIC, nor the description in man 4
options, mentions this.

(Obviously, I didn't know it---but then I don't need Solaris
compatibility, either.)

Should I PR the man-page?

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu