Subject: Linux Emulation / Symantec I-Gear 3.5
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@igps.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/19/2001 09:08:26
So I'm going to be evaluating I-Gear 3.5 for my company - it's basically
content filtering. Our entire network is served NAT by a NetBSD 1.5/i386
machine. Here's the question:

First, does anyone have any experience with this product under NetBSD?

There are two versions available - a Solaris version, and a Linux
version. I assume the Solaris version includes bins for Solaris for PC,
but I could be wrong. Would I be best off using the Linux version?

If using the Linux version, what is necessary to set up Linux
compatiblility on a base NetBSD/i386 1.5 system?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

 -Buckaroo