Subject: 1.5 xdm setup changes
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/15/2001 09:22:27
[Please keep me cc'ed as I am not subscribed]

Hi,

upgrading a NetBSD system always has a few surprises...

I moved a 1.4Q mac68k installation to 1.5, and as a result, the xdm setup
refused any access to the local X server. It turned out that the default
for "DisplayManager.DISPLAY.authName" has changed from "MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1"
to "XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1".

Reverting to the former state fixed the setup. While it is not exactly
relevant for my home setup that "XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1" is (said to be)
safer: How would I get this to work?

	hauke

--
This message was created and sent using the Cyberdog Mail System.