Subject: Re: Zoolib & NetBSD...
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Thorbjorn Jemander <thoan@ifm.liu.se>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/02/2001 15:07:16
> > 1. The __unix__ flag doesn't seem to be defined in NetBSD, why?
>
> Don't know; maybe because it's not part of any standart and deprecated ?

Ok, so is there any define common for most unices, or least for
the BSD's?

> > 2. When I run both the demo-apps included, there's no contents
> >    in the windows (i.e. no buttons or text or anything, just
> >    "stale" framebuffer contents.). Could this be due to the
> >    "special" version of XFree86 that NetBSD has? How major
> >    (and which) are the changes from the main XFree86?
> >    A pointer will do.
>
> I don't think the problem can be XFree. There's only minor changes from a
> stock XFree86.
> Do you have a app-default file installed in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults,
> or a properly set XAPPLRESDIR ? I've seen some app behave this way when their
> app-default file isn't installed.

Wow, my ignorance shines through pretty good here. I'm relative new to
NetBSD and X, and so far my experience was limited to using it. I had
no idea of the app-defaults or XAPPLRESDIR. Where can I read up on it?

/Thorbjörn Jemander